Thursday 26 January 2012

New Warcaster - Kharchev the Terrible!

So i played a couple of games last night with my recently acquired Khador army.

Having played Khador as my first faction in Mk1 and having been very impressed with some of the new models they are getting i kept my eye out for some second hand bargains, and picked a good selection up over the last 2 weeks.

Karchev was one of the casters I didn't use in Mk1, and I have always loved the idea of a warcaster built into the body of a Jack!

So my 35pt list was as follows.

Karchev the Terrible
Destroyer
Juggernaut
Juggernaut
Juggernaut
Spriggan
Which as you can see is Jacks only! wanted to get to grips with his powers as soon as possible so threw myself in the deepend!

First game was Sacrifice against Josh playing Broadside Bart. Josh was fielding a mix of pirates including his newly acquired Rover. My list is not really geared for this scenario, with you needing to control a zone while placing a model in b2b with a flag. Now this seems easy enough, but not when you realise that the model in b2b takes a pow 20 magic hit, is flung 3 inches and knocked down!

I ended up winning this game by caster kill on about turn 4, I learned that Sidearms stops you from being knocked down, Bulldoze is really good and popping handbreak turns with Kharchev to aim Jacks at people is hilarious.

Next game was against Nick playing  Menoth's own Optimus Prime (Xaal). Having seen Nick play this list for the first time a couple of weeks ago, i knew the danger of Mr Khan and Xaal's feat. I made a couple of slight errors with movement and positioning but left me with a chance to kill Molik Khan bottom of turn 2. I went for it, using my Spriggan to bulldoze modles out of my way, however due to not checking the line first i hit a model and then contacted the same model again, left a tantalising 4 inches away from the Khan! I knew this game was over and sure as apples are apples, Khan manoeuvred himself into combat with Kharchev and wailed on him with POW 5d6+15 attacks....

Luckily for me Nick played Kharchev alot when he mainlined Khador. Got some really good tips about facings, trampling, spell order and useful changes to the list.

Looking forward to playing this metal monster more!

1 comment:

  1. Great game indeed Dave, you were really unlucky with the Spriggan as loosing Molik would have been a complete reversal in gaming terms. Glad my Karchev tips were of some use too!

    ReplyDelete