Sunday 1 January 2012

First of a few updates to finish off 2011

Despite not being at work I have been a little lax in December since posting about the new FoW stuff I had bought. Below is a brief summary of my gaming in Nov & Dec and a couple of more specific posts will follow.

Played quite a bit of Warmachine! I faced off against a large variety of lists, including a couple of newer players.

Menoth Bastions and Errants continue to be the tough parts of Menoth for me to counter, having the ability to control damage and remove models other than the ones you kill make for planning turns pretty hard.
Played a couple of games against circle, eKruger has some serious board control and placement skills, very nearly lost on the second turn to Luke with a surprise long range assassination run that only really failed to poor dice for the Stalker. Stryker returned the favour and splatted the lightning mentalist. I still get amazed by some of the potent movement powers that they bring to the table.
Played a long 25 point game against Josh and his Shae list. Game must have lasted over 8 turns and was eventually won by me as Josh forgot about Rowdy's counter charge! It was really close, the pirates really excel in the mid points brackets as they bring so much resilience and potential damage output, with all the solos they have.
Got my face panned by a new Skorne player! I decided to play nice and take a basic pStryker list, Phil went for Morghul and he assassinated me in the 3rd turn with a massive speed across the table with a Titan Gladiator! I need to play more against both Skorne and Legion, they have some nasty stuff and i hardly played them last year.
Played an interesting double match with Mehmet against Nic and Luke so they could get some practice before their tournament in Jan. We used Siege and Terminus against eKruger and pSevvy. We got caught out with eKrugers feat and Terminus got pounded by the Avatar of Menoth! I then retaliated and with some insane movement and shooting from my Gun Mages managed to blast Sevvy with both the powered up Storm Strider, Siege and a Defender! We then lost on CPs but i felt the game was a very good learning experience (Pics to follow)

My lists are evolving nicely, my eStryker list (25) has shown me that Sword Knights are not to be scoffed at, with Thorn and Positive Charge they can really crank out the damage. Combine them with Junior and the Piper and they have good resilience. I got Runewood for Christmas and cant wait to try them out with him!

Been looking for a second warcaster to pair with eStryker for 2012, said person has been ordered and i will be using them in the next few months, watch this space.

All in all a pretty good year for Warmachine, missed the last 2 tournaments due to either holiday or being ill, so must get plenty in before the ETC!


FOW

Played a few games at the club and learned a few lessons pretty quickly!

Armoured Grenadiers was probably not the best list to start playing the game with! You are out numbered and generally out gunned due to the high points cost of the combat platoons. So with this in mind I have switched to regular grenadiers while I learn the game.

Played a couple of games against GB Paras in the last couple of days, the games went much better with 2 victories for me, got to see some serious assaults and the advantages of pinning or smoking units prior to assaulting. (These games will get their own post with pictures)

Looking forward to more games this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment